To fulfil your order, you must provide 8th Sin with certain information (which you authorised EKM and Paypal to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact us directly or leave a note in the "Note to seller" part of checkout.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
1) As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
2) When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list or asking to be notified when an item is back in stock or newly released;
3) If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Privacy when dealing with information about our customers is important to our business. We will never share your personal information to anyone we don't absolutely need to, and will never sell on your information to third parties or sign you up to mailing lists or emails. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only when necessary (for example, if your order is unfulfilled at the time of the business sale/transfer) and to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
The EKM platform, it’s content and databases are located on their own servers, housed within a secure data centre in Manchester which is ISO27001 and PCI compliant and has BS5979 security on-site. They remove non-essential customer data after 6 years, and will remove any customer data immediately upon request.
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, it is only when absolutely necessary such as to the relevant postal and courier services needed to fulfil your order.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
1) Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
2) Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3) Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4) Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
- ekm_USERNAME: Temporary cookie generated to test if cookies are enabled on the visitor's browser. The content is: TestCookies=ACTIVE&RS=FALSE&
logged_in=USERNAME&ServerID=***. The cookies expire after 72 hours/3 days. If cookies are not enabled on the visitor's browser, this website will not be able to function and the visitor will not have accepted consent of cookies usage.
- ekm_pp_USERNAME: Stores a unique reference to visitors cart contents. Stores authentication details for customer logged in section. The cookie expires immediately upon exit of the browser and therefore cannot be used to identify any specific visitor.
- ekm_tmp_ORDERNUMBER: Stores a reference to the visitor's order number after an order has been generated. The cookie expires immediately upon exit of the browser and therefore cannot be used to identify any specific visitor.
For purposes of EU data protection law, 8th Sin owner and creator, Laura Haslam, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact her at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail her at:
Laura Haslam, Apartment 5, The Langton, Drewry Court, Derby, DE22 3XH, United Kingdom